Monday, May 11, 2009

The Glory of Weeds...

Have you ever stopped to appreciate the beauty of a dandelion? My backyard flower garden has given me ample opportunity to admire them. They have taken over and over and over. As I contemplated removing the weeds to make way for the flowers I was presented with a great photo opportunity. The sprinklers had recently been on so the dandelions were glistening with water drops. I ran and got my camera and proceeded to take more than 50 pictures of dandelions. Crazy, but fun!





I've been taking photo classes and was given a homework assignment or challenge. The instructor challenged us to commit to taking A picture everyday and create a file to keep a daily photo journal. Of course, no one can shoot just one. Once the camera's out it's hard to quit. Anyway, the picture of me behind the dandelions is todays journal entry. It will be interesting to see how many different things show up in a years time.

I pass the challenge on to each of you. It will be fun!

3 comments:

suzan said...

My kids have taught me to love dandelions. Or "blows" as Zach used to call them. Just today I was thinking to myself how under appreciated they are. Great minds think alike. We must be related ;)

MZ said...

Great project. Maybe I will join in. Oh boy one more thing to fit in every day.

barbchuck said...

Dandelions ARE beautiful! Did you ever read the dandelion chapter in "Everything I Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten"? We look forward to your new photo projects.